When the boards are down, we'll be here. When this is down we'll be weeping in the dark.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The State of the Site

Alright, all I really truly know for now is that our site is suspended until at least the end of this month due to us exceeding our bandwidth. I submitted an urgent ticket to 2M to see if there is ANYTHING we can do right now (purchase extra bandwidth being the big thing) to get them back right now and not have to wait until October to get the site back. In any case, this is as good a time as ever to highly suggest a move to GoDaddy. Luke and I are talking on AIM right now and it will easily be feasible, I should be able to foot any bill and we can talk about expenses to Nuns later. But this isn't just mine and Luke's place. I want to get the okay from everyone before I do anything. I am a little afraid we might lose the boards if we move, since we might not be able to transfer database and stuff like that, but we will deal if we have to (I don't prefer the YABB boards anyways, I would like something I can actually edit myself, hehe) Anyways...please post thoughts and let me know.

4 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

I think it would be sad to lose all of the nonsense (and some not-nonsense), but at the same time, this isn't the first time there have been problems (which is why this was created), and I think it'd be a lot better and there would be a lot fewer headaches if we switched.

8:07 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I hate to say it, but this is partly our own fault, we had a great opertunity to easily move if we wanted to about a month ago and we totally dropped the ball.

We have no one to blame but ourselves for the current situation, tossing all of our troubles on 2MHost doesn't make any sense seeing as how we choose to go back to them, it's not like we were pinned against the wall on that. We knew for a long time that the contract was expiring and if we wanted to move we knew everything we had to do, but we dragged our feet.

12:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, we dicked the dog.


but lets make a move, my life feels so empty right now

10:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mine does too, gibby. mine does too.

;(

8:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home