When the boards are down, we'll be here. When this is down we'll be weeping in the dark.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

OPTIONS RIGHT NOW...

Got a response from the ticket. We are using 113% of our allowed bandwidth right now.

Options?

1) Wait 4 days until the start of October - our bandwidth will be reset and we will be fine. We then discuss what to do from there while we have the site back up.

2) Purchase 5 additional GB of bandwidth and get the site back up now. The chick that answered my ticket "sincerely suggests" that we wait, but she doesn't know what life is like without STN.

3) Transfer everything (if possible) to a GoDaddy account right now. I did some research (also sent a few questions to GoDaddy that I will let you know the answers to when I get them) and a domain transfer can be done right on GoDaddy. It might take a few days, so we obviously would be without STN for a while. But I want to wait on this one until I get the answers back from GoDaddy.

I think our best bet right now, so we don't do anything rash, is just wait until October, figure out how easy it is to transfer to GoDaddy, and go from there.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if we switched to godaddy or just wait for the site to reset, we'll still be without the site for a couple days

8:45 PM

 
Blogger AndyMan said...

Exactly, either way, we will have to wait...with GoDaddy, the wait will be worth it.

8:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say make the switch. When we originally went with 2M it was because we expected to be a text based comedy site, we never expected to be making movies. I think with the movies we have now, combined with what we hope to do (the TV show), we should make the switch.

Especially since we can keep the boards and we're only out like $4 a person.

8:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are a growing global super power, and we need more room.


make the move, i'll pay

10:52 AM

 
Blogger Chris Leslie said...

Let's go ahead with the switch to goDaddy. Hopefully we can take the boards with us.

If not, we can rebuild it. We have the technology!

. . but we don't have a lot of money.


*builds the boards out of a broom, q-tips, and a gum wrapper*

*makes a bomb instead*


Ah shit.

2:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home