Grats to Holy Chip!
I got a call today from the Central Wisconsin Film Festival and they want to show Holy Chip! on two different screens over the course of the festival! This is great news for all of us as it proves that we might not be the only ones that think it's pretty good. Forfeit and Artisan Bloodworking were not so lucky, though they may not have fit into the "family friendly" requirement feature either blow-up dolls or massive blood and gore or both.
And speaking of the family friendly requirement, the one request made of us was to remove Chris' ad-lib of "god damnit" from the film since they don't want any swearing in the film. Never mind that Chris tries to expose himself or Brit wipes her mouth off after going down on Steve, we just can't have any four letter words.
I'll work on trying a quick fix tonight, otherwise I'll see if I can get Chris to ADR something else tomorrow at Movie and Martin's.
Regardless as soon as I know more details I hope you all will show up and support our film and bring a lot of folks with you to do the same. I don't know if any of us will be giving any presentations or will be on any panels, but if I find out anything about that, I'll post it here as well.
More over, this outside verfication may be just what we need to start considering other festivals for the film. Great job everyone, I'm very proud of our work again!

8 Comments:
This film festival has twisted morals, but I won't complain if Holy Chip! wins it all.
7:03 PM
I so wish I could go see this!
Good luck to Holy Chip!
yeah, if we do well that might be a jumpstart to start submitting it to other things.
7:15 PM
Where is the festival held at? I couldn't find that info on the site.
This is pretty damn exciting, nonetheless :)
5:05 PM
PS - We need STN t-shirts ;)
5:06 PM
That's something we had talked about a while ago, back around senior year of HS I think. We were going to use this graphic Below had made with a cartoon nun, some blue sperm looking stuff, and the word "fathomless."
Of course, we could go with something else if we wanted to now :)
6:49 PM
Oh, the location can be found on the press release of the festival:
http://www.artsportagecounty.org/arts-news.cfm?id=10
The Ben Franklin Jr. High In Stevens Point.
That kinda sucks, I was at least expecting the University... I guess we'll see how this goes, gotta start somewhere I guess.
8:52 AM
We're going to rock their feeble Central Wisconsin worlds!
1:15 PM
*jerks off Seth*
4:29 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home