When the boards are down, we'll be here. When this is down we'll be weeping in the dark.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Bored Post

Just for being bored and posting boring things.

32 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

I'm really sad without the boards and had a lot of post-worthy things from today, but I forget what they are now...

5:50 PM

 
Blogger angela said...

I remember one of the things though.

I've decided what I'm going to do with my life. I'll be picking up an English minor, rather than Anthropology, and maybe getting ESL certification at some point, if they okay the program next week.

Kind of exciting.

And I might spend a semester in Chicago, but that I'm not sure about yet.

5:52 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Chicago is a great city and I'm sure you'll have a great time down there. It's one of the few places in the world where popular music isn't hip-hop, but it's actually rock and roll, the largest radio stations play rock and roll, and a bunch of small clubs that book bands rather than DJs dot the landscape, it's really fun.

I think teaching is a very admirable profession and I know I'm looking at it as a back-up later in life should the whole multi-media career just not work out for me.

Glad shit's coming together for ya, Ang.

5:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had a quesadilla and crab rangoon tonight. it was heavenly.

6:03 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That's pretty much the most amazing supper I've ever heard of.

6:04 PM

 
Blogger angela said...

Oh no, don't tell me we're gonna need a food one on here too...


I had mozzerella sticks and a Wild Cherry Pepsi. It was yummy.

And I just ate salsa a little bit ago that I made myself. It wasn't very good. It was okay...

6:12 PM

 
Blogger angela said...

In Chicago, one of the programs I could go to would be at the research library (I forget what it's called) where I do an independent study type of thing. It sounds pretty sweet, actually, so that's exciting.

6:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember that "Bourbon Street Chicken" thing i got today.


i'd steer cleer of it, it wasnt anything like the real Bourbon Chicken.

i was disappointed

7:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all sweaty and stinky from playing 2 hours of DDR.

Yay for video games being healthy!

7:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just had a thought.

the old boards are still around.

stopthatnun.proboards7.com


can we not use these or what?

7:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gibby! You're a goddamn fucking genius! FUCK FUCK GODDAMN!

The old boards are indeed operable!

7:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i went and joined the old boards. now i need approval

8:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you've made such a huge decision Ang :)

I hope it all works out for you.

9:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job, angela anaconda :)!!!

p.s. i'm working on feminist political theory right now. i sort of have an idea of a thesis-y type thing, but not really. i need help. if anyone knows what dialectics are or would know what the synthesis of nature + nurture is, let me know... i'm leaning towards the chisels bros on this one. i hope you guys pull through ;)


P.S. I GET TO SEE THE FRAY AND AQUALUNG IN MILWAUKEE!!!!!! i think i said this on the old boards, but it's going here, too. eff yeah :D

12:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, since synthesis is the combination of, I assume you're looking for the combination of nature and nurture. Do you need to know about it from a direction feminists would find interesting? I could tell you about an interesting thearoy synthesizing the two in the study of psychological disease, but I don't know if that would be of interest to you.
I learned something last year about nature vs. nurture in the place of men and women in society but I can't remember the names of the researchers. Let me try to find out.

7:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is this paper due?

7:48 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I am, unfortunately, only familar with nature vs. nurture on a surface level. While I could no doubt educate myself fairly quickly on the subject, I assume you already did this and just want help from those of us that might know a thing or two about.

Come back with comm question, toots :P

7:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hegel said that the well-known is unknown precisely because it is unknown. So I should study the known which is actually unknown-- the biological given, the idea of corporeality-- that women were MADE for their role : i.e., they have the hips for bearing children and consequently holding them on their hips to care for them, they have the breasts and lactation capabilities to nurse them, and so on.

If I take the given, in this instance, corporeality, and then take its antithesis, incorporeal-immaterial-nonphysical-spiritual, and its relatives, biology/nature and environment/nurture, what would be the synthesis of the two?

A + B as a consequence C

Corporeality + Non-physicality synthesizes to form ?

Biology + Environment leads to create ?

Thesis + Antithesis equals Synthesis

How women are made + societal expectations, including hegemonic patriarchy/viriarchy and its reification through theory ---> ???

I need a word, an idea, a concept that would illustrate this. Is there such a thing-- can it even be described?

If there is, I'm using it to argue how the dominance of men over women has been pre-supposed through a combination/synthesis of A & B and, as a consequence, reified into feminist political theory.


That's my idea-- the paper isn't due until Dec. 12th, but I'm trying to get a headstart since I have four major papers that dictate my grade in each class and I'm sort of in a bigger league now so I need to be prepared. Any help you can give me is very much appreciated!! :D

10:17 AM

 
Blogger angela said...

So, apparently September is a good time for hail...

12:27 PM

 
Blogger angela said...

Gibby, I found something for you. Maybe you can get your fill of cats here...

http://www.stuffonmycat.com/

12:28 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Anything that starts with Hegel is pure non-sense... at least in my opinion. The man's one of the big reasons metaphysics got a bad name back in the day.

And perhaps it's just the poor medium of the written word over the internet, but I'd say a lot of what you wrote sounds very similar to a lot of his obscuranist babbling... a lot of psuedo-intellectual fluff that puffs up little or no actual ideas.

But that's just me... I'm kind of a jackass and I apologize in advance since I'm sure what I said may sound like some sort of an attack on you. That's hardly the case.

3:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my friend, feminist political theory IS pseudo-intellectual fluff... anything with the word "feminist" in it automatically warrants the "pseudo".

no offense taken, i know it's what my prof will like, and hegel is one of the big people we've been studying so i'm running with him.

i'm gonna bite you anyway, though.

*BITE*

7:25 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

*turns into a WereKatina*

10:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those lazy admins!

10:46 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Chris is the admin of the old boards. I'd say perhaps you should check your junk mail filter, see if it got caught up in there.

Otherwise the old boards do kinda suck regardless, no one's been using them all that much in the down time.

4:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its close


but good job

11:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the leads in the play that I am in sprained his knee when he got caught underage drinking at a tailgate by excise police. If he were on the boards, I would nominate him.

11:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant stop having the urge to pee.


i think i have a kidney problem.


and my hair is getting long, but i've been overly lazy lately, so who knows how long this will last

11:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

save me some

4:20 PM

 
Blogger AndyMan said...

If you did that while sober, I would consider the DURR title for you.

Drunk, I can see it ;)

8:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no excuses

5:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Penis pain could be a dull ache or a sharp pain that might often be accompanied by heat and inflammation, and that is a sign that a sizegenetics is trying to repair damage. There will be more than 15 different causes of penis pain. Some may very well be result of sizegenetics or aggressive sexual activity, while others are caused by infections and other illnesses. Among the most common causes of penis pain are as follows:Allergies- an allergic reaction to something that the particular penis has come into contact with. Could include soaps, detergents, creams, condoms, latex, fabrics and other materials;
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/

12:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home